Innovative semen vitrification with VitriStraw® technology that is 20% more effective*
What is it?
OKIvitri® is semen vitrified using VitriStraw® technology, which preserves sperm cell integrity with unprecedented quality, leading to greater success in all assisted reproduction treatments.
New technology, a new product
VitriStraw® technology is a new system of aseptic vitrification with an aseptic method of ultra-rapid freezing, passing directly to a vitreous state, which prevents the formation of intracellular crystals and the structural damage this entails.
It is an innovative technique developed by the BIOKIBANK R&D laboratory, led by the Director of ANDROGEN and Medical Director of BIOKIBANK, Prof. Juan G. Álvarez, alongside Prof. Raúl Sánchez of the Universidad de la Frontera (UFRO) in Chile and Dr. Vladimir Isachenko and Dr. Evgenia Isachenko of the University of Cologne in Germany.
Who is it for?
OKIvitri® is designed to be used in any public or private clinic, centre or hospital that has an assisted reproduction unit, in particular for for IVF/ICSI treatments.
OKIvitri® is innovative vitrified semen that uses the most efficient technology on the market: VitriStraw®, which provides a more straightforward, safe and effective process.
It simplifies the devitrification process, shortening the handling time, without the need for capacitation, obtaining the devitrified sample more quickly and increasing availability, as it barely suffers cell deterioration after an incubation time comparable with a thawed sample.
As the samples suffer less DSB damage and have a greater cell integrity, in particular the acrosome, the membrane and the proximal centriole, this reduces implantation failure and recurring miscarriage, increasing the rate of useful blastocysts by 20%, significantly improving the success rate of IVF/ICSI treatments.
Thanks to our VitriStraw® technology, the risk of contamination is reduced to a minimum due to our sealed production method that guarantees asepsis and decreases the risk of transmitting viral and bacterial
- All media and materials used to carry out the vitrification process have the CE marking, like all processes carried out in BIOKIBANK.
- Less DSB damage reducing implantation failure (D+3 and D+5) and recurring miscarriage.
- Better yield, up to 20% more, arriving to useful blastocyst stage on D+5 compared to slow freezing and, consequently, the possibility of reducing the number of initial oocytes, increasing the success rate of the IVF/ICSI treatment.
- Extraordinary cell conservation, in particular, the acrosome, membrane and centriole, significantly increasing the probability of success.
- The post-devitrification motility [a+b] ranges between 60% and 95%.
- Simplification of the devitrification process, lower handling time due to capacitation and shorter times compared to slow freezing.
- Absence of permeable cryoprotectors which greatly decreases potential toxicity.
- Very low ROS production and negligible cell deterioration in incubation.
- Savings in media or reagents.
- Better mitotic spindle
- Lower cell death